My name is Diederik Liebrand. I am a geologist specialised in cyclostratigraphy, astrochronology, palaeoclimatology, and palaeoceanography.
Stratigraphic correlation and splicing (i.e., depth models). Astronomical age-calibration of marine sediments and rock outcrops (i.e., age models). High-resolution climate reconstructions with a focus on Icehouse Earth (between 34 and 0 million years ago). Applying time-series analysis to climate records. Investigating the complex responses of “System Earth”, mainly the oceans, to astronomical climate forcing. Describing biotic responses to past climatic and oceanographic changes.
- Postdoctoral Researcher (University of Manchester), 2022-present
- Deputy Curator (National Oceanography Centre), 2021-2022
- Postdoctoral Researcher (Universität Bremen), 2019-2020
- Postdoctoral Researcher (Universität Bremen), 2017-2019
- Postdoctoral Researcher (University of Southampton), 2014-2017
- Research Assistant (University of Southampton), 2012-2013
- Stratigraphic Correlator (IODP Expedition 342), 2012
- Analyst in Geochemistry Laboratory (Utrecht University), 2008-2009
- PhD: Palaeoclimatology & Palaeoceanography (University of Southampton), 2014 defended/2015 awarded
- MSc: BioGeology (Utrecht University), 2007
- BSc: Earth Sciences (Utrecht University), 2005
- E: email@example.com
- T: 0044 (0) 747 123 8375